Friday, October 3, 2014

WIP (Work in Progress) Challenge

My friend, who also happens to be a very talented author, challenged me to post the first sentences of the first three chapters from my current work in progress. I'm choosing to share from Woman in Black Lace, which is a novella by AC Davis due out this year. I don't write chapters in sequential order and this is an incomplete draft, so I have chosen to share the first two-ish sentences of the first three chapters that I have written. They most definitely will not be chapters one, two and three by the time this book is finished.

First Sampling:

I'm going to kill my husband.

The decision to make it a slow death, allowing him time to marinade in his sins toward me and our beautiful son, to suffer as I have, or to make it a quick and satisfying death, showing him mercy on my part, has yet to be determined.

Second Sampling:

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." She clicks her tongue from behind me. I jolt around, bright red blood dripping from my hands and soaking through my satin nightgown.

Third Sampling:

If life was truly like every photo ever taken, this world sure as hell would be a beautiful place, a happy place, a place of love and laughter and joy. Photos are a bunch of lies, so maybe they really are like my life -- at least like life before my husband died.

______
I hope you've enjoyed the little peek into what I'm working on. It's a story of love and of betrayal. It's a story of longing and hope. And like the other Mathilde novellas, Jenny's Blue Velvet and Still Nights, it's haunting and entertaining. Watch for Woman in Black Lace by the end of 2014!

Thanks, Stacey Wallace Benefiel, for including me in your challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment