Thursday, August 15, 2013

Excerpt 3 - Jenny's Blue Velvet - Countdown to Release Day

7 days!!!

The last month has been a rainbow of emotions for me. Jenny's Blue Velvet has been complete for a few weeks now, so it's all been a waiting game that's totally driving me bonkers.

Marketing is not something I ever felt comfortable with and I pretty much avoided it on most of my previously published books. We all know that if nobody knows about your book, nobody will buy it, and that's been true in my experience thus far.

This time, I'm changing things up. I somehow mustered up some guts, and I'm asking people to buy Jenny's Blue Velvet. I hired Xpresso Book Tours to hold a cover reveal, book blitz, and blog tour. I even had postcards made that I'm going to hand out to random people on the street this weekend.

I'm nervous. I want to hide under the bed. I'm scared. But most of all, I want Jenny's Blue Velvet to be successful, so I'm powering through all these emotions and playing the part. I hope I do well. We shall see in a week!

Please enjoy today's excerpt:



He looked around, which was an odd thing to do as they were the only two people in the house.

Candy whispered, “There’s nobody with you, is there?” 

Leo whispered back, “She’s always with me.”

--Jenny's Blue Velvet, August 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment