Saturday, May 18, 2013

New Title for Adult Novel - Release Date August 22nd

As some of you know, I'm working on a new novel. This novel explores various levels of happiness or the perception of happiness. What is the price you'd pay for such happiness? We all have hopes and dreams, but they often fade with time. New interests develop. We are always striving toward those goals. We often think that once we reach those goals, we can be completely happy. If only I'd lose ten pounds... If only I'd win the lottery... If only I had more sex in my life... If only I had a housekeeper, a cook, a mansion... If only I finished writing this book... etc. Then, and only then, will I be happy. So, inevitably, if that's the case, we seem to never be happy. But what if the if only became reality? But, what if someone else paid the price for them? Would you still be happy?


Anyway, that's just one of the concepts in this new story, which, by the way, is an ADULT novel. It's a romance, a thriller, a paranormal, a horror, and erotic, all rolled up in one. Perhaps I will label it as a dark and humorous romantic thriller. I think it's a little bit of Stephen King meets David Lynch meets Bridget Jones's Diary, if that makes sense. But, of course, I'm not even comparing my work to those of awesome, just using them as references.

Today, I'd like to share the title with you. Are you ready?


JENNY'S BLUE VELVET
by
Angela Carlie

The cover, by the brilliant Steven Novak, is complete and beautiful and sexy and so what I was hoping for. It will be revealed to you mid-June along with the blurb. The release date for JENNY'S BLUE VELVET is set for August 22nd.

Until then, please enjoy my YA books out now. Please also look for the remaining Lords of Shifters novels to be released by the end of the year.

I leave you with a one line teaser from JENNY'S BLUE VELVET

"We will always be watching."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela! I noticed you on FB and just wanted to stop by and say hello to a fellow Horror writer. I love the title of your new book and look forward to the cover reveal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lexa! It's so nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete