Friday, January 20, 2012

Unfurl by Cidney Swanson -- Blog Tour!

Today, I have the privilege to be a part of the Unfurl Blog Tour. Unfurl is the third book in the Ripple Series. The author, Cidney Swanson, happens to be a super groovy chick. I've heard wonderful things about this series. (I happen to adore every book cover in this series. Don't you?)

Here's Cidney




Love in a Minor Key 

While my main characters are the ones who wake me early in the morning and keep me tossing and turning at night, there are days when I find myself a bit seduced by the charms of a minor character.

Like Sir Walter de Rochefort.

Ah, Sir Walter, you relentless tease. Of all the characters in my Ripple series, he’s the most likely to show up inside my head with a mission to tell me what he’s thinks of something. Anything. The dinner I cooked. The dinner I didn’t cook. The danger in which I’ve placed him in a current chapter. His opinions on American culture. Or American slang. Or American vegetables. Or American _________. (You fill in the blank—he’s got lots of opinions about all things American.)

Whereas my other characters (major and minor) skedaddle the moment I finish writing for the day, Sir Walter refuses. He hangs around unseen and unexpected like the invisible man he is. And then he ambushes me at absolutely ridiculous moments with his Gallic wit and accent (which is remarkably sexy, considering he’s old enough to be my . . . er . . . never mind—too hard to calculate.)

His complete devotion to France and all things French just kills me. He’s so certain that his country has already pronounced the last word in everything from fashion to dining to automobiles. I mean, really? (“Absolument, my dear,” he replies. Absolutely.)

There’s the fact he can cook a mean cassoulet, dispatch an armed villain, and perform surgery all within a few hours. There’s his loyalty to Mickie, Will and Samanthe. There’s his ability to take a trivial experience (a day at an amusement park) and draw out of that lessons for living life with more compassion. Or with a willingness to sacrifice one’s own life for the good of others. Um, gosh, Sir Walter. Maybe I should be grateful you hang around so much. Maybe it will rub off on me.

So, in a few minutes when I step away from my desk for the evening, I’ll be keeping an ear out for my French friend. I’m reheating take-out pizza. I’m sure he’ll have something to say about that.

What minor characters have you fallen for big time?

Sir Walter invites you to enter the giveaway below, of which he approves, and in which he is an important if minor character.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Cidney Swanson is the author of The Ripple Series. She began writing at age seven; her first novel began with “Ouch,” and her characters have been suffering ever since. Cidney lives in Eugene, Oregon with her husband, three kids, two cats, one dog, and entirely too much rain.



Where's Cidney? At all these places--go visit her and buy her awesome books! :)



Amazon:

B&N:

Smashwords

Goodreads:
 
Librarything:


6 comments:

  1. If I could turn invisible...hmm. I would probably be a lot more into other peoples business. I would maybe learn stuff for free (like go into a university and sit in a class) or get in free to places or concerts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those covers are just gorgeous! I love when the minor characters steal the show - so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could turn invisible, I'd catch a ride to visit my family a quite often, hahaha! I'd also take advantage of being that fly on the wall that I've sometimes wished I could be - although I know I would regret it. There are some things you just shouldn't know, I'm sure of it!!

    Thank you for the wonderful giveaway opportunity!

    Gena Robertson
    robertsongena@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minor characters can be so fantastic! I recently fell in love with one of my own. He surprised me by pushing his way into things later in the series and I love it. Wow, Cidney your covers are beautiful! I'll have to pick them up!

    ReplyDelete