Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Revisited

It's that time of year again. We reminisce, point out the good and dwell on the bad, and outline hopes for the future.

Many people are excited to let go of 2011. Although this year had ups and downs for my family and I, there were more ups, and I can't really remember many of the downs.

Some of the good in my 2011 summed up:

I published three books. Over 4,700 copies of my books were downloaded (Thank you readers!). I met some really cool and talented people and became friends with many of them. I became a member of DarkSide Publishing, Pacific Northwest YA Authors, and the Indellibles. I went on a book tour with some amazing authors. I've written a large chunk of my next novel. My family went to Disneyland. We took a road trip up the Washington coast and hiked in the rain forest. We made several trips to the Oregon coast. Fred bought a new truck. I started a new job.

Yes, we've been very fortunate. 2012 will be even better! I've got plans to enjoy each day, take things as they come, and grab hold of every opportunity that comes my way. Most of all, to be thankful for everything.

What good do you have to share about your 2011? I'd love to know.






6 comments:

  1. Well, one of the things I feel fortunate about in 2011 is meeting you. :) Congratulations on all you've accomplished. I hope 2012 is an awesome year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive eBook sales! Congrats! I was one of those customers! As for me, I indie pubbed my YA thriller, Fireseed One, which I am terrifically proud of. And I loved doing the interior illustrations. The launch was really fun. Now on to more spreading the word. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'd say one of the highlights is that we became friends, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa and Stacey -- You girls rock! We had fun this year together. Meeting you was definitely one of the best parts of the year. :)

    Catherine -- Congratulations on your publications! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting to know you and your writing is definitely on my list of 2011 highlights. Happy New Year to a fabulous writer and wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G.P. -- Happy New Year! I'm very fortunate to have gotten to know you and read first two books in The Soulkeepers series. I'm excited for book 3 in 2012! I love my DarkSide peeps. :)

    ReplyDelete