Monday, August 1, 2011

I should feel busy,

but I don't. There have been some happenings in the works. Yep, happenings. Things that are going to happen.

First happening: I've been asked to participate in an event this weekend called "Art in the Heart." I'll set up my little table to display a stack of books and then sit my bottom in a chair. If you are in the Vancouver area, please come see me! I'll be sitting with some other awesome authors in front of the Angst Gallery.

Second happening: Loramendi's Story will be available for purchase this coming weekend. August 7th to be exact. It has received some lovely reviews thus far.

Third happening: Dream Smashers will be on a blog tour the week of August 8th! The Teen Book Scene has put together this awesome tour. I'll announce the stops this coming weekend.

Fourth happening: I received a letter in the mail last weekend informing me that I've been accepted into nursing school. Woo hoo! I begin this fall.

Fifth happening: Wordstock is just around the corner. I'm sure you read my whine in the previous blog about not being able to participate. That has changed! Although I won't be speaking, I'll be there with a few other fantastic local authors, ready to sign books. More information to come. (I'm really, super elated and hope I get to meet Maggie Stiefvater and Ellen Hopkins.)

Sixth happening: After Wordstock, I'm going on a regional tour with a group of authors including Stacey Wallace Benefiel and Lisa Nowak. I'll share the complete list of authors and dates closer to October.

A lot of happenings right there. How does all this make me feel? Happy, elated, stoked, nervous, scared...


I hope you'll stay with me for the ride! It should be pretty wild. :)

3 comments:

  1. Lots going on - and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison! Yeppers, we're staying busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really heartily thankful for ur expressing views...Every one faces some situations and ur happenings u shared are awesome and mind melting dude !! Great blog !
    web design company

    ReplyDelete