Saturday, August 27, 2011

Forks and Other Stuff Happening

When you hear the word "Forks" what do you think of? The utensil. Choices in life's journey. The town in Washington where vampires and werewolves reside. I want to mention two of those conjured thoughts now.

I recently tested into a nursing school. Apparently my scores were in the top percentile, which surprised me. Well, even though the test said I can go to that school, I'm unable to because of financial reasons. I mean, if we scraped and stressed for the next two years, maybe, a very slight maybe, there would be a chance we could come up with the money. But realistically, I'd get halfway through the program, and I wouldn't be able to pay for the rest. So, it's probably best to go to community college. Sure, it will take triple the time to finish, and it's severely competitive to get into the program once the prerequisites are done, but that's a chance we'll have to take. I'm excited to begin my first class in September. Chemistry. Ooooh. Aaaah. Wish me luck!


And now for the town in Washington where vampires and werewolves reside. Did you know it rains there, like all the time? Ha! Not all the time, but it did rain when we stopped by last Monday. I'm told it was sunny and 70 degrees the day prior and the day following our visit. Figures, eh?




We also visited a beautiful rainforest on our journey north. Of course, it rained there, too.




Now to the other stuff. October is going to be an exciting month. It's always full of awesomeness, but this year will be even greater because I'll be going on tour with three other YA authors, Stacey Wallace Benefiel, Lisa Nowak, and Rebecca Knight. We are in the scheduling venues and thinking up really cool tour name stage, but it's going to be rad! Here are a few of the stops already confirmed:


Cover to Cover Books
WordStock 2011
Beaverton Library
A Children's Place Bookstore
Interzone, Inc.


We are working on finalizing a few other locations, so check back for a list of dates in the near future.


One more thing -- Starting Monday, I'm going on a juice fast. I will most likely be grumpy and irritable the first few days, so if my presence seems sparser than normal on the social networking sites, this is why. The fast will only last about two weeks, and I'll be adding cooked and raw fruits and veggies on the third day, so it won't be so bad.


Another one more thing -- Don't forget that Loramendi's Story went on sale this month! It's still only 99 cents for the ebook on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords. The paperback will probably be available on Amazon in the next week or two, too.


Peace out for now! Be safe and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment