Monday, May 2, 2011

Fluffiness of Debut Month

Although Dream Smashers became available to the world at the end of March, I didn't start promoting it until April 4th. That was the "official" launch date. When publishing to stores fronts such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble, the author can't choose the publish day. The novel could show up that same day or the following or in some cases a few days later. I was totally paranoid it wouldn't be available on the right day and submitted it way early.

I discovered that networking and marketing is a huge time suckage. So much that I Facebooked, Tweeted, sought reviews and hit the refresh button on my Amazon sales page probably a million times an hour for the last month. This took away from my gym time and any little time I had prior to April 4th for writing, editing and critiquing. Consequently, I also turned a little fluffier than I was. Well, that's expected when one doesn't have time to cook or go to the gym.

May will be spent trimming some fluff on my bod as well as my next novel, Land of Corn Chips. Remind me to please not schedule book launches so close together next time, would you? Thanks!

Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment