Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Awesome Co-Workers and Land of Corn Chips Cover Reveal

I complain a lot about my hands hurting all the time. It's an occupational side effect. One I'm going to have to let go of soon, else pay for it later in life. Although my job isn't good for my hands, the people I work with are good for my soul.

After giving my last massage for the day, I entered the laundry room to find this most awesome gift. It wasn't my birthday or anniversary so it took me a few moments to realize why anyone would give me something on a non-gift-giving day.

In the card were small messages of encouragement, like: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm reading your novel, but I'm only half-through!" -- Dr. Rayn, "May all your dreams come true, Angie." -- Sharon, "You really are an inspiration." -- Sammy, "I'm so proud of you for publishing Dream Smashers." -- Katie, "Congratulations!" -- Alicia, "You're such an inspiration achieving such a dream." -- Brittany, "Hope you sell plenty." Dan and Abby.



The most perfect gift a writer could ever want. A cork board to use as a story board and a basket full of stationary, inspirational plaque, tea, hilighters, pens, candles, tea cups, and important writerly things. Plus, a beautiful charcoal drawing by Katie and a lovely plant whose life may be very short. Tell me I don't work with the best people ever and I'll call you a liar. I thank them for the encouragement!

Onto the cover reveal.

The Land of Corn Chips cover will be revealed on Friday, April 29, 2011. Six gracious bloggers have agreed to participate in the reveal.


Go to any or all of these sites on Friday to see the rad cover for Land of Corn Chips. I'm so excited for you to see it!

Peace out for now.




6 comments:

  1. Wow that is soo cool Angela!!!! You do work with some amazing peeps!

    Hey, I was thinking the other day. My mom takes this stuff called Trivestin. It's all natural stuff, and I used to work for the company that makes it. She needs it because her knee joints are basically gone, bone rubbing against bone, and she is a waitress. Yeah, it's hard on her. Anyway, you should check it out. It should help to prolong what you want to do.

    Yay for the cover!!!

    Angeline Kace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angeline,

    I'll look into Trivestin. I've never heard of it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what awesome co-workers you have :-) that is really so sweet! Glad to see you have a few of my blogger friends signed up for the cover reveal! Best wishes Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wishes and the recommendations, Ginger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. On reviewfuse.com, I once critiqued a brief offering of a work in progress titled "Land of Corn Chips." I was so impressed with the writer's abilities I never forgot that piece.
    Tonight I decided to search Google and see if I could find any hint as to whether the story ever went any further.

    Much to my very pleasant surprise, here it is.

    I am elated to learn you not only finished this wonderful tale, but "Land of Corn Chips" is on the verge of being published. Many congratulations!

    I'd be honored if you would let me place a link on one or both of my blogs once the book is available.

    And yes, I'll be buying a copy.

    Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mr. Kentner. That is the best compliment ever! It's been over a year since LCC went through some crits on reviewfuse. I'm the one who is honored and would love for you to share the link.

    Thank you, again. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete