Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen. Big News!

I'd like to let you in on a secret that will change life forever. I'm going somewhere I swore I'd never go. It was once a desolate, scary place, but times have changed, and it's now full of opportunity and growth. I'd be a fool to turn my back on a door being held open for me.

This journey will take every ounce of guts I can muster, all the endurance of a marathon runner, and the skin of a rhinoceros. A place that gets looked down on by many is now going to be where I take control of my writing career and do it my way.

The road has been paved. No longer am I going to wait on others to find the time to give me a green light. I've found the switch and my engine is revved up, ready to go.

I'm going to be an indie author.

Silence.

My books are going to be made available for the entire universe to read.


Can't. Breathe.


My first novel to be available, Dream Smashers, will be released as an Ebook on Smashwords, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble in early April, 2011.

Gasp.


Shortly thereafter, it will be released in paperback and sold through Amazon.

I'll share my journey with you on this blog. I hope you'll join me.

Peace out for now. I'm going to go vomit.

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo! We're like TWINS! Congrats. We're vomiting together today. We can DO this. (Right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I've learned a lot about marketing the e-version of Hemlock Lake (I held the rights to that when I sold the book) and I'm going to put another title up in the spring as an indie author.
    It's a whole new world out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an empowered move. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jenn I'll hold your hair if you hold mine. haha;)

    @ Carolyn -- It sure is. I might pick your brain in the near future:) Spring is just around the corner. Will your new title be an E-book?

    @ GP -- Thank you for the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Congrats! I want to be your first Kindle customer. Having seen the early drafts of Dream Smashers, I know it's going to absolutely rock the YA world and come flying off the e-shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Gary! One sale down. haha! Awesome crit partners help;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Angela- found you on FB as we have mutual friends there. Just wanted to say congrats. I just published in Jan and it's exciting way more often than it is naseating. Okay maybe half and half, but still... totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by...and for the encouragement:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I admire your courage and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Midnyte Reader. It's going to be a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete