Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"MY SOUL TO LOSE" by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Lose. Great title, don’t you think? Too great. In fact, I totally boycotted the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent just because of the rad titles—most likely out of jealousy (shhh, did I say that?).


The boycott ended recently when I read My Soul to Lose. Now I’m not so much jealous as a I am a fan of Rachel Vincent. I might become a groupie. Do authors have groupies? Well, maybe not a groupie because that would be gross, but I'll definitely join a fan club.


I only stumbled upon these books when I decided to call my next book My Soul to Steal a while back. After I Googled it, as I do every little idea that pops into my brain to make sure that my idea is the only one like it, up flashed the Soul Screamers series. Google’s smart like that.


None of Rachel Vincent’s books have this title (My Soul to Steal), but still, it would be silly for me to call my book this when she already has My Soul to Take, My Soul to Save, My Soul to Keep, and now the prequel novella My Soul to Lose.


They are just too enticing and pretty to ignore any longer. Plus, My Soul to Lose is FREE! That’s right peeps, I said FREE! What the…??? With no more excuses outside of the fact that the author totally stole the title from my brain several years before I thought of it, I downloaded the FREE (did I mention Free?) novella My Soul to Lose.


Summary from RachelVincent.com:

Publisher: Harlequin

“SOUL SCREAMERS PREQUEL NOVELLA

Kaylee Cavanaugh's trip to the mall ends with a brutal panic attack and a brainscrambling shriek she can't stop. Her secret fear is exposed. It's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

But the hospital isn't a safe place for Kaylee, and getting out won't be easy because everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, who has a secret of her own...”

Doesn’t that sound awesome with a capital A? It is! To be honest, I didn’t know it was a novella when I downloaded it onto my Kindle. I just thought I was a super-fast reader because it only took me about two hours to read it (if that). Truly, I didn’t want to put it down.

Then, just when I’m freaking out about how cool this story is, it ends. What the…??? Not cool. Now I’m going to have to download My Soul to Take.

RATING: Check It Out.” You’ll enjoy it if you do.

Peace



****Note: The Kindle version is no longer free, but as of today you may still download a free version from the author website.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela! And thanks for the kind words!

    Though, actually, my Jan 1 release is called My Soul To Steal. ;)

    Doesn't matter, though. Titles can't be copyrighted, so you're more than welcome to use the same title. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel!!!

    I can't believe you just commented on my blog! You're so awesome.

    Thank you for writing books with such great titles:) I'm enjoying them very much. No doubt the best one will be "My Soul To Steal." ;) Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete